Monday, October 8, 2012

Candy Jar

Mason Candy Jar 
My wonderful friend Martha made me delicious homemade salsa as a birthday treat.  Martha gifted her salsa in this Mason jar garnished with lavender stems and a raffia bow (very O.T. of her).  Not only was the salsa delicious but it was packaged with love! After making my sewing jar kit I decided to upcycle this jar to make a candy jar for my desk at work.  This cute candy jar was very easy to make and it is the perfect addition to my desk top!

Supplies:
  • Mason jar with lid
  • Fabric (I used a quarter of a yard)
  • Fabric glue
  • Pencil
First, I took the flat metal top out of the rim of the jar and I used a pencil to trace the circle shape on to a corner of the fabric. 

Second, I cut out the circle of fabric and I glued it flat onto the metal lid.  I turned the metal rim of the jar upside down and I applied glue along the inside.  Then I placed the flat lid into the rim with the fabric side showing through the top. 

Finally, I used the remaining fabric to create a few fabric flowers (see my Fabric Flower Tutorial for more details).  Once the fabric flowers were complete, I used fabric glue to secure the flowers on top of the lid.

Now I have a cute jar to hold all of my tasty treats!

Candy Jar Lid
Mason Candy Jar
 
Lauren 

No comments: