Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Engagement Ornament!

My sister Nora and her wonderful boyfriend Philip are getting married! Philip is an amazing person and the perfect addition to our family!  I am so excited to have a new brother and I wanted to make them a special keepsake for their engagement so I decided to paint them an ornament:)  As Nora and Philip hang the monogrammed keepsake on their Christmas tree each year, they can reminisce about the special night in December that they got engaged!

Engagement Ornament:) 
Engaged! 
Supplies 

Supplies:

  • Glass ball ornament
  • Paint markers
  • Stencils
  • Pencil 
  • Ribbon or tulle






Use stencils and a pencil to trace letters across ornament
This ornament was fun and very simple to make! Using some alphabet stencils and a dull pencil,  I traced "Engaged!", their initials and a heart across the front of the ornament.  I also traced the year along the back side of the ornament. 
NBG <3 PRR 
Once the letters and heart were in place, I used a silver sharpie to color in the stencil lines.  I used the lid from my marker box to sit the ornament to dry.  Paint markers are great because they are really easy to use and dry rather quickly.  I decided to add their initials instead of their first names to the ornament because Philip loves monograms! 

I used a pearl white sharpie to embellish the ornament with polka dots to add some extra sparkle! I added a white tulle bow to the top and the ornament was perfect! 
NBG + PRR 
Engaged! 

This gorgeous ornament was the perfect addition to the happy couple's engagement gifts and it is just so pretty hanging on the Christmas tree! I am in love with this gift and a few of my good friends got engaged for the holidays so I may be painting more ornaments in the near future to add to their engagement gifts:) 

Lauren

No comments: